Gifted products are featured in this post. I have no obligation to share these with you, nor does it affect my opinion on them. Such products are marked with an *.
I was doing such a good job of working through my TBR recently. It was the lowest it had been in months. And then summer came.
With the arrival of summer, I felt the all-too-familiar urge to buy some new books and I indulged. Oh how I indulged! At the same time, I also reopened my inbox to some reviews and guest interviews, which I now only do on occasion. Combined, that means that it is time for me to do another book haul! I’m so excited!
Before I show you, a couple of admin points:
- I have already read a couple of these. Some of the reviews are on my blog already and some others are on their way – I promise!
- I was kindly gifted some of these books from the publishers in exchange for my honest thoughts. This is in no way influences what you see in a post – if I don’t like it, I don’t share it! Any such books will be marked with an * in this post to reflect the fact that they were gifted.
Ok! Are you ready?
Let’s do this!
- The Kiss by Kate Chopin. This book is so tiny that you can’t even really see it in the photos but I promise it is there! I picked it up in a charity shop as I’ve always wanted to read some more of Chopin’s work. I’m hoping this will be a good, quick read.
- The Mercies by Kiran Millwood Hargrave. I won’t lie, this is 100% a cover buy but I have no shame in that. It is utterly gorgeous and the plot looks intriguing!
- Reputation by Lex Croucher. I bought this book for two reasons: 1) it looks REALLY REALLY fun and 2) Lex is someone I really admire. I also really enjoy her sense of humour and reviews suggest this book is very funny so I’m definitely excited about this. I’ve got a stressful period of work coming up so I’m saving it for that!
- Pandora’s Jar by Natalie Haynes. I picked this up while I was in Harrogate from the lovely independent bookshop there. I’m fully back on a classics kick so can’t wait to try this. Plus, I really liked A Thousand Ships so I have high hopes for this too.
- A Hunter’s Moon by Danny Weston*. This was one of my PR gifts this summer and it’s my current read. I haven’t read enough of it to formulate a final opinion yet but I certainly thought it was an intriguing opening and I’m excited to read the rest of it.
- The Monster Belt by Ruth Estevez*. I don’t want to give too much away because there may or may not be something relating to this coming to the blog soon but just know that I am SO excited for this. Think supernatural adventures…
- Blonde Roots by Bernadine Evaristo. This is the next read for my book club and it’s certainly intriguing me. I loved Girl, Woman, Other so I have high hopes.
- Shuggie Bain by Douglas Stuart. This book. This book! This was last month’s book club book and I’m completely and utterly in awe of it. I really want to review it but I’m just not ready yet – I’m too emotional to formulate actual words !
- The Tower of Fools by Andrzei Sapkowski*. This was very kindly gifted to me and was my epic read of the summer. Written by the author of The Witcher, it’s a complex magical adventure that takes you from one bumbling mishap to the next. I’ve already reviewed this so don’t forget to check that out!
- Dearly by Margaret Atwood. Long time readers will know that Atwood is one of my favourite authors of all time so I just had to pick up this poetry collection when I saw it in Harrogate. I’m so excited for this that I think I might save it for a little while – Atwood’s poetry is always a treat!
And that’s it…. For now!
Have you picked up any new reads recently?