I’m back with another book haul! It’s been a few months since I did my last one and I’m genuinely quite proud of the fact that I’ve managed to keep my book buying and book acquiring to a sensible level. At the end of the day, I’m just not reading as much as I used to so I needed to be a little bit more selective with the books I picked up. I’m so excited about reading all of these!
Shall we see what I picked up?
I’ve picked up six books recently:
- Crowfall by Ed McDonald* – I was very kindly gifted this book by Gollancz and I am so excited to read it. I loved the other books in this series (my review of book two can be found here) so I cannot wait to see what other things are lurking in the Misery. This looks like a hefty one so I’m saving it for summer when I can probably enjoy it.
- Poems to Live Your Life By by Chris Riddell – I picked up some poetry for the first time in a while recently and really loved it. As such, I decided to treat myself to this new collection. It looks beautiful!
- Knight of Stars by Tom Lloyd* – This is a gift from Gollancz and is also the third book in a fantastic fantasy series (My review for Stranger of Tempest can be found here). I’m also keeping this one for summer as I tend to devour Tom Lloyd’s books.
- The Surface Breaks by Louise O’Neill – After loving Almost Love so much, I decided to pick up another of Louise O’Neill’s books. This is a retelling of The Little Mermaid apparently and I’m so excited for it.
- Spinning Silver by Naomi Novik – I’ve had my eye on this book for a really long time but wanted to wait for the paperback edition so that it would match my copy of Uprooted on my bookshelves. This is also a fantasy but I honestly haven’t paid that much attention to the plot (deliberately) as I loved how much Uprooted subverted my expectations. I want to go into this one knowing as little as possible.
- Coraline by Neil Gaiman – Last but not least is Coraline. I’ve never actually watched this but have recently fallen for Neil Gaiman’s writing so I thought I would check it out. And, the cover is absolutely beautiful.
Which books have you picked up recently?