And here we go again…
That’s right, I’ve been book shopping and have some new titles to share with you all. I have picked these up over the last couple of weeks. If you have read any of them, let me know what you think of them and if they are any good.
Let’s get on with the haul already, shall we?
- Wakenhyrst by Michelle Paver - I spotted this in my local Waterstones and was instantly intrigued. Not only does it have a beautiful cover, it has been pitched as a wonderfully gothic tale which is just my cup of tea at this time of year. I can’t wait to try this.
- The Penguin Book of Baby Names by David Pickering – don’t worry, this isn’t an announcement. I’ve just started a new novel ( #NotNanowrimo2019 if you follow my Twitter) and am sick of constantly googling names. I’m hoping this will be super useful for my writing projects.
- Melmoth by Sarah Perry – I bought this for very similar reasons to Wakenhyrst but it was also the pick for The Graduate Book Club. I completely missed the boat for reading this with them but I have definitely been inspired by them! I really liked Melmoth the Wanderer so I’m excited to see this modern take on it.
- England Poems from a School - You might have already seen my review of this and as such will be well aware of how much I loved this poetry collection.
- Creative Schools by Ken Robinson and Lou Aronica - I’ve heard really good things about this book but I haven’t had a chance to check it out yet. I’m hoping to change that soon.
- Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban by J.K. Rowling - yes, I needed another copy.
- Some Kids I Taught and What They Taught Me by Kate Clanchy - This is from the writer who collated the England Poems from a School collection and I’m so excited to read a little bit more about her teaching experiences.
I’m so excited to read some of these!