I’m having a real Youtube moment. No, don’t worry I’m not going to subject you all to my attempts to string a sentence together without too many errms, ehs or likes. Instead, I’m really enjoying watching Youtube videos. More specifically, I am loving booktube right now. It’s not so great for my TBR or wishlist but I still love it!
For those of you that don’t know, booktube is the literary side of Youtube. Think book hauls, reviews or recommended reads. Whether or not you have already been watching booktube for a while, I thought I would share some of my favourite accounts with you today. If you are already a viewer and your favourite didn’t make the list, please do comment with your recommendations down below. It was so hard to narrow it down to just five but these are the booktubers that I turn to again and again.
- This wouldn’t be a booktube video without mentioning Jen Campbell. She’s bookish royalty. A best selling writer herself, Jen shares brilliant videos about her own reading habits. Her videos are packed full of information and I always come away wanting to read something new. She also does a fantastic series on fairytales in literature, which sing to my nerdy heart. You can find her channel here.
- I would also really recommend checking out Jean BookishThoughts. Jean is currently doing a PhD in Classics so is my go to for the ancient world. Her channel also features some great study videos that were really useful to me while I was doing my degree. If that sounds like your cup of tea, you can find her here.
- Emmmabooks is my go-to for YA literature and unboxings. You can really tell how much thought she puts into her reviews and recommendations. I love her channel, which you can find here.
- While we’re on the topic of YA, I have to mention Hailey in Bookland. I’ve been watching her channel on repeat at the moment. Hailey also works in a bookstore, so she is my source for new releases. She has also just started reading vlogs, which are strangely addictive. Go check her channel out!
- Last but not least is Savidge Reads. He reads a lot more crime/ dark reads than I do but I love his channel. His unboxings and chatty videos are like listening to an old friend in the best possible way. You can find his channel here.