I, like many people, am incredibly excited about summer. Not for the sweltering heat or the bright light on the mornings but because I finally have some time off. Which also means that I also finally have time to read. And boy, do I intend to do plenty of reading.
I thought it might be quite fun to share my reading plans with you. I’m quite fickle when it comes to my next read so there is no guarantee that this is what I will actually read but even so, here is my summer TBR:
- The Paper & Hearts Society by Lucy Powrie – This is the debut novel from book blogger and booktuber Lucy Powrie about a group of bookish friends who end up on an adventure. It sounds like the perfect fun summer read AND I managed to pick up a signed copy from Waterstones.
- A Girl Called Shameless by Laura Steven – I also picked this up on the same trip to Waterstones, when I was at an event with Laura Steven and Juno Dawson. I loved The Exact Opposite of Okay, so I cannot wait for the sequel.
- Meat Market by Juno Dawson – Funnily enough, I also picked Meat Market up at the event with Laura Steven and Juno Dawson. Hearing Juno speak about this book made me desperate to read it as soon as I can. I loved Clean when I read it so I’m sure this one will also be a treat. Brutal but brilliant.
- Vox by Christina Dalcher – This one has been sat on my TBR for a few months now but I’m ready to pick it up soon I think. This has been labelled a feminist dystopia, which explores what happens when women are silenced. This sounds right up my street!
- Knight of Stars by Tom Lloyd* – I’ve actually just started this one and I am so hyped for it. This is the third book in a series that I love. It’s all about a group of rough and ready mercenaries and the various mishaps they encounter.
- Crowfall by Ed McDonald* - This is another sequel to a fantasy series I love. This one is dark and delightful and I’m sure Crowfall will be no different!
- Sorcery of Thorns by Margaret Rogerson – I’ve heard so many good things about this one that I’m beyond curious. Plus, the cover is gorgeous so I’m not sure it will be long before I pick this up!
I’m so excited to dive in to some of these books!
P.S Crowfall and Knight of Stars were both gifted to me by the publishers.