As some of you know, my lovely friend Steph (@eenalol on Twitter) runs a weekly blog challenge called Six for Sunday. I love reading them but am usually too unorganised to join in. Since I don’t have to work tomorrow, I’ve decided to join it this week. The prompt couldn’t be more perfect: books that have been on my TBR forever.
Long time readers of the blog will know that I am the worst at clearing my TBR and some books have been on their for years. I honestly can’t remember the last time my physical TBR wasn’t above 15 books. I’m actually thinking about sharing my TBR on here to give me some accountability for getting through it while I have a bit more time at home.
For today, I’ve chosen six of the books that have been on my shelf for the longest and I thought I’d share them with you now. Are you ready?
1) Creative Schools. I’ve had this for ages but I’ll be honest, I’m a bit rubbish at reading non fiction as I tend to read to wind down! I’ve heard such great things about this though.
2) The Famished Road. This was actually a gift from a friend who loved this book and thought I might like it. For context, they gave it to me before I left Scotland! Oops.
3) Crooked Kingdom. This one has a reason! This is the second book in a duology but I’m not sure I can remember the first book in enough detail to enjoy this one. If anyone has a good, detailed summary of the first book to refresh my memory, let me know.
4) Leah on the Offbeat. I got this book in a subscription box and just never got round to it. Maybe I’ll read it in summer? It feels like a summer book.
5) SPQR. Again, I’m the worst with non fiction.
6) Outlander. This is actually signed by the actors but I’m slightly intimidated by this series!
And there you have it!