Sometimes things don’t quite go right. Maybe you miss your train by minutes or spill hot coffee all over your new white shirt. Perhaps your to-do list just isn’t getting done. Who knows?
The only certainty is that it hasn’t been a great day and now you need a little bit of a comforting evening. You want to get in PJs, have a hot chocolate and watch a film that will make you feel better. That is what this post is for. I’ve picked five of my favourite films for putting on when you’ve had a bad day and just want to switch off for a few hours.
- Harry Potter and the Philosopher’s Stone. To be honest, any of the Harry Potter films would do but there’s something about the first one that makes me wonderfully nostalgic. It also feels like an especially good fit for September and back to school season since they get to go to Hogwarts for the first time!
- Tangled. If ever there was a film to make you feel a little more positive, it is Tangled. It might be to do with the characters or the soundtrack but either way it is magical.
- Wonder Woman. Now this film is if you need to feel a bit bad ass. I can’t watch Wonder Woman and not feel like I can do anything. Sometimes I listen to ‘No Man’s Land’ if I need a little extra motivation too.
- Moana. This is the film to watch if you want to feel brave and like you are capable of anything. I always feel really uplifted after watching Moana!
- To All The Boys I’ve Loved Before. If rom-coms are your cup of tea, then you need to watch To All The Boys I’ve Loved Before. I’ve watched it a few times since it’s release and by the end of it, I’m always in a very good mood. It’s so cute!
What’s your go to film after a bad day?