Things that have been making me happy recently:
- Brunch at Hash. It’s always a good idea. If you live in Darlington and haven’t tried it yet, you really should. I had the poached eggs, mushrooms and spinach on toast and it was delicious
- The Harry Potter studio tour. I finally visited this and it was everything that I could have hoped for and more. I’m hoping to post about it on here soon and share a little mini haul with you but I need a moment to catch my breath. If I wrote it right now, it would be nothing but incoherent fangirling and I do prefer to minimise that where possible. (I failed miserably at that when I was actually there).
- Buying Books. Yep, the grand book buying ban of 2017 is at an end and I am allowed to buy books again. The first time I did, I felt strangely guilty mind you. That feeling is passing though, and swiftly.
- Seeing my friends. While everyone was home for Christmas, I got to catch up with lots of my friends and it was the dream. I also finally met the Northern Book Bloggers and I’m so excited for such wonderful new friendships.
- Time off! I’ve been lucky enough to have two whole weeks off over Christmas and New Year. I’m back at work now and it is making me realise how lucky I was to have so long on holiday. From lie-ins to catching up on life admin, it was very much needed after a hectic couple of months. I’m feeling recharged and ready to face the challenges of 2018.
What is making you happy at the moment?