You may have noticed on the old social media that I’ve had a bit more free time on my hands. I’ve finished my exams and, all going well, my degree. It still doesn’t feel real but I’m making the most of the freedom none the less. Today I thought I’d share some of the things I’m excited about!
- Free time. Last weekend, I had no plans. None. I can’t remember the last time that happened. Especially towards the end, your degree just bleeds into every moment of your life. Saturday? Better be working on that essay. Sunday? Have you prepped for next week’s classes yet. It’s strange to not have to work in the evenings or weekends!
- Reading for fun. I have been waiting, very impatiently, for this since the Christmas holidays. It feels so good to read just because I want to. Right now, I’m on a major fantasy kick after studying a lot of serious Gothic literature all semester. It’s amazing. It also means I’ve got loads of reviews to share with you over the coming weeks.
- Exploring St Andrews. It’s a sad fact that I don’t have long left in St Andrews. But instead of moping about it, I’m going to add my tourist hat and explore this town that has been my home for so long, good and proper.
- Moving Home. On the flip side, I’m choosing to focus on how excited I am to be moving back to the good old north, rather than how much it sucks leaving Scotland. I’ve been catching up on all my fave north east blogs and making notes of all the places I want to visit. I’m planning how I want my room to look. I’m making plans with the folks I haven’t seen in a while. It’s exciting.
- Having a degree. All going well, this is the end of my degree. Four years later and it’s over. It doesn’t feel real, to be honest. But I’ve working for this for quite a while now and it feels good that it’s starting to pay off!