Rather than dwell on all the things I have to do and the things that are stressing me out (it’s a deadline day!), I thought I’d pour a little positivity into this corner of the internet today. For this instalment of Five on Friday, I’m going to share some things that I’m getting excited about. Be warned though, a fair few of them are about the c-word…
- I know it’s way too early but give me all the Christmas right now. I am 110% feeling festive and I cannot wait until our tree is fully decorated. It’s up, but we’ve lost all our decorations when we moved out. I’m planning on picking up some more soon, so hopefully it’ll look better.
- On a similar theme, I’m so excited to buy Christmas presents for my family and friends. I have loads of ideas so now I just need to actually find them – sorry bank account! I tried to do my Christmas shopping in Newcastle the other day and completely and utterly failed. For an entire day’s shopping, I bought one present. One. Single. Present.
- For the first time in a very long time, I’m taking just shy of a month off in January. I can’t wait to have some time off work, reading and catching up with everyone! I’ll also get to spend it in the north so I’m all kinds of excited for this.
- It’s Sam’s birthday soon and most people will know that it is one of my favourite times of year. I can’t wait to spoil her rotten, though I don’t yet have any crazy plans for her. Maybe she’ll finally get her quiet birthday celebrations…
- Is it bad that I am already excited about all the food this Christmas? I cannot wait for the feast my family are planning, especially since I know pigs-in-blankets are on the list!