I’m back with a super quick and easy recipe for you all today! You already know how much I love my Instant Pot if you read this post and I’ve been trying out some of the other settings recently. I stumbled upon this gem of a recipe while playing with the porridge setting – the milk to rice ratio seems a pretty common feature in most recipes. Since cracking that bit, I’ve been perfecting the ‘little extras’ and I think I’ve got it right with this combination. I’ve been making it fairly regularly and I’m still in love with it. It’s so comforting when the evenings are a little chilly.
Plus, rice pudding (aka one of my favourite foods) that is ready in 30 minutes?! Count me in! In fact, this is so simple to make, I’m not even sure this could be classified as a recipe but that is what this ‘Food for the Fearful’ series is all about.
This will feed 3 or 4 people depending on how hungry everyone is!
- 1 cup of pudding rice
- 3 cups of semi-skimmed milk
- 1 tsp of cinnamon
- ½ tsp of nutmeg
- 2 tbsp of sugar, plus a little extra to dust
- Measure a cup of rice and rinse thoroughly.
- Add rice, milk, sugar, cinnamon and nutmeg to Instant Pot and give a quick stir
- Seal Instant Pot and press the porridge setting. This runs for 20 minutes and should be done with the release closed.
- Leave for 10 minutes to do a slow release.
- Release vent and enjoy!
It really is that simple! Of course, you could mix up some of the flavours. If it’s not your cup of tea, leave out the cinnamon and nutmeg, though it does make it a great winter warmer!
I hope you enjoy this super easy rice pudding recipe – let me know if you try it do!