I wasn’t expecting to be bringing you another book haul quite so soon but I was kindly gifted some new books over Christmas. I couldn’t wait to share them with you and, when I ran a poll over on Twitter, you said you didn’t mind. So here you go!
These were all Christmas presents and very welcome additions to my shelves. Would you like to see them?
- First of all, I was lucky enough to to receive these beautiful editions of the ‘His Dark Materials’ trilogy from Philip Pullman. I read this a long, long time ago but misplaced my copies. Since watching the BBC adaptation, I have wanted to re-read this trilogy and I will certainly enjoying picking up these beautiful books.
- I was also lucky enough to receive another edition of Dracula by Bram Stoker for Christmas. This was in a seriously gorgeous gift box from Literary Emporium and I can’t wait to display. I have a couple of editions of Dracula already but none as beautiful as this!
- Finding a copy of The Virago Book of Witches edited by Shahrukh Husain under the tree was a definite highlight. This stunning book is packed with stories of witches from around the globe. This will be the perfect book to dip in and out of throughout the year.
- The Boy, The Mole, The Fox and The Horse by Charlie Mackesy has received a lot of praise recently and I can see why! It is absolutely beautiful and full of lovely, lovely words. I’ve already read this (would you like a review?) and fallen for it.
- When I was in Edinburgh, I saw this signed copy of The Ocean at the End of the Lane by Neil Gaiman and fell for it. Luckily, one of my best friends picked it up for me as a Christmas present and I am so excited to read it!
- Similarly, I also saw this edition of The Starless Sea by Erin Morgenstern and was going to by it for myself but it was confiscated. It reappeared under my tree this Christmas and I am so very, very happy to be reunited with it.
And there you have it! The books I received this Christmas. I’m so excited to pick them up and read them this year; I think they’ll keep me going for a while!