Yep, it is that time again! I was lucky to receive both books and book vouchers for my birthday so my shelves are being stocked up.
One of the books has been delayed for a little while but I wanted to include it in this post. As a result, there’s been a little bit of a delay in sharing my haul with you.
I think I’ve got quite a good mix! I’ve also managed to pick up some books that people have been recommending to me forever which means that I can stop hiding in shame from some of the other Northern Book Bloggers. Would you like to see what I picked up?
- The Deathless Girls by Kiran Millwood Hargrave. I’ve been admiring this beautiful cover for a while so when I saw an offer for a signed edition on the Waterstones website, I snapped it up. I’ve heard this has some kind of link to Dracula, which is one of my favourite books!
- Song of Sorrow by Melinda Salisbury. Yep, I’m the worst at picking up sequels. I read State of Sorrow a worryingly long time ago but never got round to picking up the second one. After a prompt or two from Steph (@eenalol), I thought it might be time to give this a go…
- The Priory of the Orange Tree by Samantha Shannon. This is an intimidatingly large book that is always raved about. It sound right up my street and now that it is I’m the slightly more approachable paperback, I thought I’d try it out!
- Oliver Twist by Charles Dickens. It’s been a very long time since I read this but I’ve been doing some work with it so it was time for a re-read.
- Nights at the Circus by Angela Carter. I’ve made no secret of my love of Angela Carter and I’ve been slowly working through her back catalogue! This one was a birthday present and I am very excited to pick this one up!
- Say Say Say by Lila Savage. I won’t go into too much detail about this because I have done so very recently! This was part of my Books That Matter box and it promises to be very uplifting.
- The Book of Dust by Philip Pullman. Now that I’ve re-read His Dark Materials, I feel prepared to dip into this new series from the same world. I’ve heard very good things about this so I am excited for it!
- Hold Back the Tide by Melinda Salisbury. My book blogger friends have been raving about this and I highly trust their opinions so I had to pick this one up!
- Girl, Woman, Other by Bernardino Evaristo. My friend text me absolutely raving about this book so I decided to try it for myself. I don’t know that much about it but I quite enjoy going into a book without knowing much.
- Viper by Bex Hogan. This is another Northern Book Bloggers recommendation so I don’t know much about this either. I do love the cover though!
- Making Space by Jayne Hardy. This was part of a lockdown care package from a friend. I’ve only flicked through it so far but it looks really interesting!
I also picked up two non-fiction books for an essay but I don’t think they’d be of interest to anyone so I’ve kept them separate. Oh and I don’t think I hauled The Wind Up Bird Chronicles since I got that in a book exchange. I’ve been reading that for about a week so I think you will have already seen that on my social media. I’m loving it, though it is taking me a while.
I think I’ve definitely got enough to keep me going for a while as it is! What do you think I should pick up first?