Boy it’s been a while since I have done an unboxing isn’t it?! In all honesty, I unsubscribed from all of my book subscription boxes when I realised that my reading was slowing down. I still loved them but I was finding it a little stressful to have so many books coming in to my TBR when I wasn’t reading as much!
I’m still tempted from time to time recently (hello beautiful FairyLoot themes) but I’ve managed to resist until recently. I have fully embraced a) reading and b) the treat yo self lifestyle (I don’t recommend this part) in all of this so when I saw that Books That Matter were having a Bloom themed box, I decided to pick one up.
To be perfectly honest with you, I had been expecting this to arrive late with the post at the moment but it actually came earlier thank expected. The box was a little battered but everything inside was ok! I know things are tricky with the lost at the moment so I’m just glad it made it to me!
As soon as I opened the box, I could tell that this would be a beautiful one! Just look at all those beautiful, bright colours!
Books That Matter were clearly aiming for a positive pick me up with the box and I think they achieved that! Are you ready to see what was inside?
Look at all those goodies! Inside this box, I found:
- A copy of Say Say Say by Lila Savage. Apparently this is an uplifting and life affirming read about love and compassion, which sounds like a lovely read for troubled times. It is very different from the books that I usually pick for myself but that’s why I love these boxes!
- A copy of The Happy Newspaper by Emily Coxhead. This is an actual newspaper but with a focus on the good news in the world. I’m keeping this for a not-so-good day as a pick me up.
- Three gorgeous postcards from Mookydoodle, which are perfect for keeping in touch with people right now. I think I’m going to use them to do some doorstep drop offs for family and friends who live within walking distance of my house.
- A colouring book by Millie Marotta and some colouring pencils. I’ve been loving colouring books at the moment so this is perfect for me.
- A pineapple and orange cookie because who doesn’t need extra snacks?
- A beautiful Bloom bookmark that I can’t wait to use!
Overall, I’m so impressed with this book box! It was a much needed and much appreciated pick me up that brought a massive smile to my face.
Now I just need to make sure I don’t fall back into a book subscription frenzy for the sake of both my TBR shelf and my bank account!