Are you ready for another edition of Five on Friday? This time, I’m sharing more things that have been making me happy recently. Things have kicked up a notch uni wise, so I’m doing my utmost to look at the positives. Shall we just dive right in?
- Coffee. Ok, ok I know this one makes it to most of my happy lists but I’m about to have a soppy moment. When my friend moved back to America, she gave me some of the things she couldn’t take with her. I happily accepted body lotions, jewellery boxes and some odds and ends from her kitchen cupboards. Amongst my makeshift care package was some instant coffee. Its seriously tasty and every time I make myself a cup, I think of here. She was basically a mum to me at uni so it’s like she’s still taking care of me when I’m stressed. So yes, coffee is on my list because I love it, but also because it’s been making me smile a lot recently.
- Red Nail Varnish. I hit a bit of a slump last week. I was stressed and busy and just felt a little harried. The other night, I spent a few minutes painting my nails in my favourite red varnish from Barry M and I instantly felt a little sassier. Plus, I now look all kinds of glamorous when I work on my upcoming deadlines…
- Sarah J. Maas. I have a book review coming soon but couldn’t resist mentioning one of my favourite authors here too! There is just something about Sarah J. Maas’ books which are the perfect mix of escapisim, excitement and enjoyable writing. I devoured the latest book in the Throne of Glass series recently and have the sequel to A Court of Thorns and Roses waiting for me.
- The Girl Gang movie nights. I mean, I love The Girl Gang in all its incarnations but I have really been enjoying the movie nights recently. Recently, we watched Maleficent and it was so much fun tweeting along with everyone!
- Crunchy Leaves. Will I ever stop talking about how much I love crunch leaves? Probably not. Or at least not until they get all mushy and I slip on them and then the illusion may shatter. For now though, the love affair continues and I can’t stop smiling (or Instagramming them) when I see them at last!
What’s been making you happy recently?