Since my focus for this year is positivity, I’ve been trying to do what I can to pour a little more goodness into the world. It’s been on my mind and that usually means that it’ll end up on the blog in some shape or form. And so, with no further ado, here are some small ways that you can share a little positivity in your life too.
1) Pay it forward. Next time you are in the coffee shop, offer to pay for the person behind you. You could always pick one up for someone on the streets who needs one too, especially if it’s chilly outside.
2) Donate to charity.Whether it’s a one time thing, you set up a monthly deposit or you throw a little fundraiser, there are plenty of charities that would appreciate your support.
3) Smile at strangers. Probably the simplest one on this list but it can really make someone’s day. Smile on your commute or at your barista and spread a little bit of positivity.
4) Share your favourite book. Lend a copy to a friend or, if you’re feeling extra generous, leave a copy for someone to find. I love reading the books that my friend’s love as their recommendations make it extra special. Bonus points if it is a book that has really helped you in some way! My copy of The Opposite of Loneliness is constantly at someone else’s house because I think it’s such a great, inspiring read.
5) Compliment someone. Online or IRL, compliments can really help turn someone’s day around. Tweet your favourite blogger or share an etsy shop that you loved. Tell someone that you love their outfit or compliment a friend on their latest project! A little niceness can go a long way!