When it came to this week’s Five on Friday, I wasn’t quite sure what to write about. It’s been a whirlwind of a week as I get ready for fourth year. And then, it hit me. That’s exactly what I should be writing about. Things are all a-changing right now and though that’s kind of scary, I’d prefer to think on the more positive things. September always feel like a new start for me, even more than January! There’s plenty of exciting things that are going to happen now, as well as some terrifying ones.
Today, I am going to share the things I am looking forward to in my final year.
1) I love St Andrews and its craziness. I’m going to be holding on to all our crazy traditions and weird customs while I’m still here. And this year, I WILL make it to the May Dip. I’ve fallen asleep for the last two years so I need to make it into the water this year.
2) On a similar (and more soppy) note, I’m really looking forward to doing these things with my friends. It was so strange spending the summer in St Andrews while so many of them were away so I can’t wait to catch up with countless cups of coffee.
3) I came to university because I love my subjects so I’m also excited for new classes. I’m doing some really interesting modules, so I should end my degree on a high note (and hopefully with respectable grades too)!
4) In terms of extra curriculars, I’m signed up to some great societies and work experiences that I’m really excited to get stuck into. Plus, they make a nice little break from my degree, when I just can’t bring myself to read anything else academic.
5) The last one is a strange mixture of happy and sad because I am so close to finishing my degree! I’ve loved my time at university but now that the end is in sight, I’m starting to get really excited about what will happen next. Of course, I have no idea what that will be but I’m working on it. And, it’ll be quite nice to have a degree under my belt… *touches wood*
What are you looking forward to?