Since I’ve somehow managed go nearly two weeks without posting, I thought it was time to update you on what is going on in my life at the moment. As you might have guessed from the irregular schedule at This Northern Gal, things have been a-changing and really rather busy for me. I’ve missed posting on here but I think taking a step back was the right thing to do. Stopping myself from worrying quite so much about one of the things I’ve committed to was just what my stress levels needed.
But I do still want to fill you in on some of the things that you’ve missed over the last couple of months with a nice and casual life update.
- I moved house. That’s right, I’ve packed up and moved. I’m still in Darlington but on the other side of town. There are still boxes to unpack and things that I want to sort out but it’s starting to feel like home.
- I started a new job. As if that wasn’t enough change, I’ve got a new job too! This is already feeling a lot more settled but boy does it keep me busy!
- I did the Couch to 5K. And I’ve even managed to keep running a few times afterwards too!
- I’ve started a post-graduate course. This is related to my job and I’m doing it in the evenings. It’s been strange to come back to academia but not entirely unwelcome! I’ve got a big essay coming up however so we’ll see if my opinions on that change!
- I’m not exactly doing NaNoWriMo… but I have made a promise to do something writing related every day this month!
What’s new in your life? As you can see, there’s quite a lot of new things going on in mine and I haven’t quite the balance right yet but I’m working on it. I fully intend to keep blogging sticking to the new no-schedule blogging for a little while longer! I hope that’s ok with you! It’ll be like the early days of blogging all over again.
I’ve also just come back from a week’s staycation in Northumberland so keep tuned for some posts about my holiday – it was perfect!